Friday, August 12, 2005

An attempted Blog all the way from Octabraskaya 45


so we'll see if that photo came up. I think it necessary to attempt to put a picture up seeing as I am the only missionary in Ukraine with better than slow/disconnected-internet access. So this is blogging ... Alright well - Priluki is doing well - lots of changes are happening which is inevitable on the mission field but God is showing Himself faithful as always. One of the missionaries here had a vision during a prayer meeting a few months ago and it showed a green pasture that had a few trees and it was very beautiful - then came a great fire and everything was burned and charred. With time green began to spring forth and huge strong oak trees began to grow and these trees grew stronger and bigger than the ones that were there before. We are praying and trusting the Lord that He will bring forth strong oak trees amongst the Ukrainians here with whom and to whom we serve and minister. As trials and testing happens I have found much comfort and hope in His faithfulness believing that He will complete that which He has begun here in me and in the lives of the people around me. So that's my blog for now - Maybe you'll find it encouraging
Chris

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris, what can i say........you rock!
i'm glad you made it to the blogsphere. I'll tell ya what next time you are in SLO, i will get you anything you want from starbucks, (has to be a coffe item, no like espresso maker stuff)

CoachZ said...

Hey Zurbie (can I call you that?)

Awesome vision God gave that lady in the prayer meeting. I agree with much prayer and hope that God heals up and raises up strong Oaks there!

Nice picture glad to see you are well? haha nice face you are making! That looks like I felt doing my first blog...

James said...

Zurbach, can I call you that or do I have to write 'Christine'? :) anyway, this is so cool to be able to hear from you and others who've been sent from SLO! Thanks for contributing and keep it up...
James and family

Unknown said...

you know, i bloew that picture up to be pretty large and am wonder what I should do with it, hummmm....i know..........

Harold said...

Yeah Christine!
What's up? It is really cool to be able to read about what's going on like this. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'll be back.

Unknown said...

Chris! Hello! Hello! Great to see you joining the blog world - Please continue to post here - I am always blessed and encouraged to hear from you - everytime I read something you've written I have a huge smile across my face - this time I even laughed out loud - not good since I'm in the library... ("SHHHH!!! You're supposed to be quiet in libraries" I told myself) ...
anyway, I am stoked to celebrate your birthday this month - even if I am in another country - I'm still thinking of you as it approaches. Know you are loved. -E

Anonymous said...

Chris-
Hi friend. Hope you had a great birthday. You are so loved. I have to laugh that everyone has a different name for you!! Much love. S