Saturday, October 22, 2005

IN LUMINE







What does that mean? It is Latin for "in the light".
Where did it come from? I searched through the Latin vulgate for a few hours looking for a cool sounding phrase.
Why? I needed a name for our newspaper. I wanted something strange to get peoples attention.

It has evolved a bit since then. Now it is the name of our Publishing house. After bellyaching for a few years that there are no good books in Russian I decided to try to get some printed up. After reading "the passion of Jesus Christ" by Piper I thought that it would be a good book to start off with.

Since then we secured rights to two other books by Piper through Crossway books - "God is the gospel" and "seeing and savoring Jesus Christ" should be in hand by Christmas.

I am convinced that this is something God really wants me to put effort into because I have been so blessed by reading quality books like those above and I know that He will bless others as well, namely, those that I don't know and will never meet on this little earth who live in Russia and Ukraine. Printing books will build their faith and further the kingdom of God.

I guess you can say that I love reading and have grown to love God more through reading. I highly recommend good Christian reading. It wasn't an accident that God spoke to mankind through a book and I know that it wasn't another accident that he appointed teachers in the church and books to be the means teachers equip!

I am shooting for 6 books in 06'. Lord willing it will happen.

Please pray that the Lord will provide the amount still needed to print 7,000 books next month.

Blessings,
Jake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you Jake. I found out you were doing this through Bryan's blog and want to support you in prayer in this endevour. I am excited to see you pick such a fine author to begin with. Piper has influenced my relationship with God greatly and to think Russians could be influenced the same, wow! Continue steadfastly despite opposition knowing your reward is great that awaits you.