Wednesday, February 27, 2008

News from Kagarlyk

Hello everyone!

Lots going on here in Kagy so I'll try to keep this letter concise. Last time we wrote about starting bibles studies and last Wednesday we started a home group bible study at the home of a few girls in our church. Our goal is for the church to spend more time in fellowship and more time studying God's word. Last week was great and I'm looking forward to tonight's gathering.

I think next week Wayne and I will begin a bible study for men. I will most likely be leading it as we look at what the bible says about manhood. Please pray that God would use this time to teach the guys in our church what it means to be a man and that they would grow in the understanding of who God wants them to be.

I met last week with Yura who will be helping me lead a bible study in a rehab center in the nearby village of Sloboda and we are going to meet with the overseer of this center sometime in the next couple of weeks to work out the details of starting a bible study. Pray for us that God would give us wisdom as we lead bible studies, pray for the guys that God would ground them in His word and help them to grow in Him and that they would learn to rely up Him for the strength they need to overcome their addictions.

Last night we had one of our monthly evenings for senior citizens. This was the largest we've had yet with almost 40 people. We barely had enough tables to seat them all! After dinner everyone sang traditional Ukrainian songs, it was great. I captured a few of the songs on my camera and posted them on our blog [ http://footesinukraine.blogspot.com/ ]. Pray that God opens the hearts of all who come to these nights that they would know God's salvation.

For the last couple years a lady in our church has been actively looking for organizations that distribute humanitarian aid so that our church can help the poor and needy in our area. Our church has established some good connections and we've been able to help a lot of people. This last Monday we were given a truck load of used clothes and shoes as well as packages of food to be distributed to needy families in our region. Please pray that God would be glorified as we seek to help those in need and that God would give our church wisdom and guidance as to how best distribute everything.

While we were unloading the humanitarian aid and taking it down to the church basement I managed to tweak my back. I think I just strained a muscle and it is not too serious. Please pray that God would heal my back.

Liese and I have been spending a lot of time playing music with people lately as we teach new worship songs and help them work out different instrumental parts. It has been fun playing music more often and our band is getting better. I'm hoping that sometime soon I can put down the guitar and play bass again.

That's the news from Kagarlyk, thank you for your prayers,

Daniel and Annaliese Foote

No comments: